This felt like a very long week. I’m not sure why, but I’m glad to have made it to the weekend. Yesterday, we had a company picnic at the Sandbar. The weather had threatened showers and thunderstorms, but rain held off and the sun came out. We had a good time picnicing and swimming.
Last night, we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. I hadn’t seen it since I was little, but I remembered some songs, an inventory and a transforming car (which I used as inspiration for and Adventure! game session a few months ago!). The story itself was a bit strange; the trailer called it Phantasmagorical, but let’s just say that it was clearly a product of the 70s.
Today, I’ve moved the compost pile, weeded in the garden for an hour or more, and we just re-arranged our bedrooms. We’re hoping that DS will be able to sleep better if his original room. He’s been having a hard time since we re-arranged a couple weeks ago. (so we’ve all been having a hard time.)
After all that, I’m hoping for a quiet afternoon. I’m pooped.
I’m pretty tired since I was up past my bedtime. The game session was great with good storytelling and role playing, and we ended around 10:30 pm. On my way home, I stopped at the grocery store to pick up some things in case I had time to make a cucumber salad for the company picnic. After all was said and done, I got into bed at about 11:30 and passed out almost immediately.
Today, DS has his last day of camp, with a presentation for parents at before lunch. Then we are heading to the sand bar for a company picnic. Of course, the weather forecast is dire: showers and isolated thunderstorms. I don’t care if it rains, as long as it doesn’t thunder.
Tonight, I’m getting together with a group of friends for the second session of our Exalted 2nd Edition. After last week’s session, I decided my character is too fragile, so I need to make some adjustments. I also need to come up with a decent exalted name.
You are Mr. Sulu
|Mr. Sulu|| 65%|
|Beverly Crusher|| 65%|
|Deanna Troi|| 65%|
|Geordi LaForge || 55% |
|An Expendable Character (Redshirt) || 55%|
|Data || 52%|
|James T. Kirk (Captain) || 50%|
|Jean-Luc Picard|| 50% |
|Will Riker|| 50% |
|Chekov|| 45% |
|Worf|| 45% |
|Leonard McCoy (Bones)|| 40%|
|Mr. Scott|| 35%|
|You are able to master many skills such as swords, plants and martial |
Click here to take the Star Trek Personality Quiz
I wish I had more time or read faster, or both! I’ve been working on some of the following:
- Gross, Benedict H., 1950- Magic of numbers / Benedict Gross, Joe Harris. QA39.3 .G76 2004
- Ruchlis, Hyman. Story of mathematics; geometry for the young Scientist, by Hy Ruchlis and Jack Engelhardt. Illustrated with photos and drawings by Frank Angelini. QA40.5 .R8
- Diggins, Julia E. String, straightedge, and shadow; the story of geometry [by] Julia E. Diggins. Illustrated by Corydon Bell. QA40.5 .D5
- Petzold, Charles, 1953- Code : the hidden language of computer hardware and software / Charles Petzold. QA76.6 .P495 1999
- Bell, R. C. (Robert Charles), 1917- Board games round the world : a resource book for mathematical investigations / Robbie Bell and Michael Cornelius. QA20.G35 B45 1988
- Tieger, Paul D. Do what you are : discover the perfect career for you through the secrets of personality type / Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger. BF698.9.O3 T54 2001
I’ve lost my old posts. But I’ve got a backup of the posts table, so I can restore the entries at some point.