Wednesday, 2005-05-11

Wednesday went by quickly…

  • Created group CS-File Services, populated it, and emailed kmartin1
  • joined computer to domain for vlcarter
  • vlcarter – resolved printer issue (14081)
  • Transcribed default inetOrgPerson and user object permissions in AD schema
  • removed the three managed OUs from campustest (took a long time)
  • tested RIS server that it works and has an image for D600 from 2003

I spent a bunch of time trying to find some programmatic way of dumping the default permissions for an objectClass in AD, without much luck. I ended up transcribing by hand from DSA, which means there are some attributes which aren’t displayed and I didn’t get those.

I wil recreate the managed OUs in the test domain and populate with some test objects to verify the same behavior we are seeing in production. I’ll then apply the changes suggested by the KB article indicated by MS Essential Support.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s